- 200g Semi-sweet or bitter chocolate
- 200g Butter (unsalted)
- 200g Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Egg yolks
- 90g Flour
- Pinch of salt
- Touch of vanilla extract (or even better use half a vanilla pod)
- 2oz Alcohol (Rum or Brandy works best)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt the chocolate and the butter using a hot water bath. Once melted, slowly add the sugar and flour.
- When all ingredients have completely melted remove the batter from water bath and carefully add in the eggs (not too fast so they don’t cook). Add the salt, vanilla and alcohol.
- Mix the batter gently (we don’t want a lot of air in the batter) but well until it is one consistent mass.
- Once your done mixing, transfer into ramekins and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- When the first cracks appear on the surface of the cakes it’s time to take them out. Enjoy!