COVID-19 Prevention and Health Policy
Our number one priority is to keep our customers and staff safe. We have enacted significant measures to provide a safe environment for our staff and clientele during COVID-19, and are strictly following guidelines put in place by Public Health Ontario and other government agencies.
- In order to follow public health guidelines, we are offering our in-person workshops in Hamilton using social distancing and Plexiglas barriers for each of our chocolate making stations within a brand-new facility built specifically for COVID19 health and safety compliance.
- We are also taking extra precautions to keep our staff safe while we continue to produce our chocolates at our facility in Hamilton.
- These measures include re-doubling our already rigorous cleaning procedures using hospital-grade disinfectant, and ensuring that frequently-touched surfaces and items are regularly and thoroughly disinfected.
- We have also instituted a new policy maintaining physical distancing of 6 feet between staff/clients, and we require all our staff and guests to use face masks and/or face shields at all times.
- We have set up additional hand-washing stations, and have ensured that hand sanitizer is freely available to our staff.
Production, Delivery, and Shipping
We have adjusted our shipping and delivery policies in accordance with public health guidelines. We now offer free delivery within Hamilton and the GTA. Please see our shipping and delivery FAQs for more information.
Cancellation Policy Adjusted
As we’re currently not offering in-person workshops, clients may keep their credit on file until we are ready to re-book classes and private events or use their credits to purchase our products. Please feel free to contact us to re-book.
Refunds are not available for any workshops or ticket purchases, however we will happily provide credit towards an alternate workshop date, or store credit to purchase chocolate products online.
In-Person Workshops for Small Groups Available
As provincial social distancing guidelines have eased, we are now offering a series of workshops for small intimate groups of people, such as in-person workshops for members of the same household, or classes at our facility using Plexiglas enclosures and physical distancing of 6 feet between work stations.
The health and safety of our customers and staff is of the utmost importance to us, so these workshops will be strictly in accordance with all Public Health Ontario recommendations.
1.01 We respect the privacy of our website visitors and valued customers and maintain and use your personal information responsibly. Personal information may only be collected from an individual and used if there is a meaningful purpose:
1) for business related communications, including booking an event and where there is a reasonable likelihood of booking an event in the future
2) for receiving payments, handling cancellations, re-scheduling and any other tasks that require personal information in order to properly respond to and obtain fees from customers
1.02 We do not sell, rent or share personal information with unrelated third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
Booking Policies for Private Parties
1.03 In order to book a party we require a $100 deposit to hold a specific date and time for our private customers
1.04 In case of a cancellation – there is no refund available for deposits, however, the deposit can be applied to book an alternative party date.
1) In the event of a cancellation, we require a minimum of 7 days notice otherwise the deposit is no longer applicable for future event bookings.
2) You must cancel at least 48 hours in advance otherwise full charges for the party will be charged to your credit card (or the equivalent deduction from gift certificates).
1.05 Vouchers purchased at a discount are subject to a $7 taxes and administrative fee upon booking the workshop
1.06 In the event of sudden illness, if you are unable to provide us with 48 hours notice (or 72 hours notice for groups of 3 or more), you will be charged $19 instead of the full workshop fee.
1.07 In the event of a cancellation within 48 hours or more before the workshop date, you must alert us to the change at your earliest convenience. To secure your newly preferred date you are required to pay the $7 Taxes + Registration fee applicable to that date. Re-bookings that occur in a 48 hour time frame or less are subject to a $19 re-booking fee.
1.08 Chocolate Tales reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a workshop due to insufficient registration or chocolatier scheduling constraints. Minimum registrant requirements vary. We strive to let clients know if a workshop has to be rescheduled or cancelled 48 hours or two business days before the event, however, this is not always possible. We will provide an extension of up to six months for any voucher or ticket purchase.
1.09 To activate an expired voucher, or a cancellation of less than 48 hour notice will be subject to a $19 charge for each voucher or ticket purchase.
1.10 We welcome all ages at our workshops, however recommend that children under the age of 12 attending the workshops are accompanied by an adult.
*Please note that to attend a class you are required to present a ticket or voucher with a valid expiry date. The voucher/s must be valid upon booking.
1.11 Chocolate Tales reserves the right to OR not to grant refunds and assesses each case individually.
Gift Cards are non refundable, however they never expire.
Health and Safety:
Our senior management is dedicated to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workshop environment, in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements, and will strive to eliminate any foreseeable hazards which may result in property damage, accidents, or personal injury/illness.
1.12 Chocolate Tales is not liable for any allergy related health issue during the workshop/event. We maintain a transparency of our ingredients. For more information please visit our allergy page.
Other Health and Safety Concerns:
1.13 Chocolate Tales is not responsible for any injury/illness, loss or damage to persons or property during our workshops/events. Closed toe shoes are recommended and we encourage those with long hair to tie their hair back.
Chocolate Tales Contests and Draws:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1.14 Contests are open to all residents of Canada, Ontario over the age of 18. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. You may enter once, duplicates are not permitted.
1.15 Winners’ names will be published once the contest closes. By entering this contest, you are giving Chocolate Tales Inc. and its affiliates permission to publish your name as the winner on their respective websites, social media outlets and marketing materials.
HOW TO ENTER:
The contest begins when it is published on Chocolate Tales Inc. Facebook page or any other marketing extension and closes at the deadline shown on the contest/Facebook page. To enter the contest, you must comply with the contest rules. Some contests may allow a deadline extension. Unintelligible, incomplete, late or garbled entries will be disqualified.
1.16 WINNER SELECTION:
- A random draw from all eligible entries received will take place around the deadline shown on the contest page at Chocolate Tales Inc., Facebook page or any other marketing extension.
- The selected entrants will be notified either via phone or email, and must respond within two business days. If Chocolate Tales Inc. receives no response in that time, a new winner will be chosen.
- Neither Chocolate Tales Inc. nor its affiliates will be responsible for the failure of the selected entrants not being able to receive notification or for the selected entrants not being able to respond as prescribed above.
- The winner releases Chocolate Tales Inc. and it’s affiliates, including their parent and affiliated companies, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize.
1.17 Prizing is indicated on the contest post.
1.18 Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Chocolate Tales Inc. reserves the right to substitute any and all of the prizes for prizes of equal or greater value should all or part of a prize become unavailable for any reason.
1.19 Expenses not mentioned herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Prize winner is responsible for reporting and payment of all taxes (including federal, provincial and local, if any) related to the prize.
Privacy with Regards to Contests:
1.2 Your information is not shared with third parties. The personal information of the winner will be used to offer them their prize.
1.21 By entering the contest, you are giving Chocolate Tales Inc. and its affiliates permission to publish your name as the winner at their respective websites, social media outlets and marketing materials.
Limitation of Liability with Regards to Contests:
1.22 Neither Chocolate Tales Inc. nor its affiliates are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Chocolate Tales Inc. which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, Chocolate Tales Inc. reserves the right at our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Chocolate Tales Inc. and/or it’s affiliates’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Chocolate Tales Inc. and/or it’s affiliates’ be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Contest rules and federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations:
1.23 Our Contests are subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Chocolate Tales Inc.”